People who have a flat, sagging or unattractive appearance of the buttocks may want to add volume to the lower back area. Buttock augmentation is a highly sought-after intervention by patients who wish to have fuller and rounder buttocks. For adding volume to the buttocks, we apply the buttock augmentation technique by means of fat injection.
DaVINCI Clinic surgeons suggest the Gluteofilling technique, i.e. buttock augmentation by injecting the patient’s own fat into the upper area of the buttocks to achieve the look of the Brazilian butt. During the consultation with the doctor, you will determine the areas from which you want to remove excess fat in order to transfer it to the buttocks area in order to add volume to this area. This procedure usually takes one hundred and twenty minutes and an overnight stay in the hospital under the supervision of the medical staff is suggested. The operation is performed under total anesthesia, under the care and assistance of the anesthetist in the room. Buttock augmentation with fat can be performed in combination with other aesthetic interventions such as removal of excess abdominal skin (abdominoplasty) or breast lift. The results of the buttock augmentation surgery will give you an excellent body silhouette as it is one of the most popular surgeries of modern times.
- On the day you perform the consultation with the surgeon, you must inform the surgeon if you are allergic to any medication, as well as refer to the doctor if you are taking any medication for health reasons that may influence the performance of the surgical intervention;
- A few days before the operation, you will perform a series of pre-operative examinations which inform the medical staff about your state of health before the operation;
- At least two weeks before surgery, you must stop taking drugs containing Acetylsalicylic Acid (such as Aspirin, Vivin C, Cardiospirin, etc.) and stop taking oral anticoagulants. Discontinuation of any therapy due to surgery must be consulted in advance with your doctor who prescribed the therapy;
- Smoking must be stopped at least two weeks before the intervention;
- The patient must have taken a shower, remove gel or nail polish products the day before the operation, and not consume food or liquids at least eight hours before the intervention;
- We recommend that patients wear comfortable clothes with buttons or zippers on the day of surgery.
After the operation
Immediately after the buttock reshaping surgery, it will be necessary to wear a compression corset, which is intended to keep the area where the fat was removed “tucked in” and help with a quick recovery of the post-intervention swelling. This corset will be made available to you by the DaVINCI Clinic staff. A part of the transferred fat, approximately 50% of it, is expected to be absorbed by the patient’s own body one month after the operation.
You should wait at least three months to decide if a second session is necessary or if you are satisfied with the added volume in the buttock area. During the first weeks, it is suggested that sitting be as little as possible to avoid pain in the buttock area. Two months after the surgery you will feel much better and you will want to buy new bikinis and clothes that show off the improved shape of your buttocks that you have waited so long to have.