Facial or neck skin tightening surgery is an intervention through which the muscles and connective tissues of the face are manipulated to give it a fresher and younger appearance. During the face and neck lifting intervention, fat deposits can be repositioned or eliminated through liposuction. Facial skin retraction surgery is an operation that is performed under total or local anesthesia with sedation, depending on the choice the patient makes during the visit with the anesthesiologist. During face lifting surgery, the surgeon follows the natural lines of the face in order to tighten the skin to achieve the minimization of facial wrinkles.
The face lifting procedure involves pulling the skin, starting from the side of the forehead and going down towards the cheekbones, behind the ears and ending near the neck. Next, the skin, muscles and connective tissues are modified to give the face a fresher look and more youthful contours. In order to achieve the desired results, face lifting surgical intervention can also be accompanied by liposuction of fat in the gill area and repositioning of fat in the cheekbones to give the facial skin more volume and shine. The retracted skin is sewn with thin threads which are removed by the doctor after 10-12 days and another part of them are absorbable. The facial skin tightening operation can be performed in combination with other interventions such as eyelid remodeling, liposuction of the gills or fat injection in the cheekbones and smile mimicry.
- On the day you perform the consultation with the surgeon, you must inform the surgeon if you are allergic to any medication, as well as refer to the doctor if you are taking any medication for health reasons that may influence the performance of the surgical intervention;
- A few days before the operation, you will perform a series of pre-operative examinations which inform the medical staff about your state of health before the operation;
- At least two weeks before surgery, you must stop taking drugs containing Acetylsalicylic Acid (such as Aspirin, Vivin C, Cardiospirin, etc.) and stop taking oral anticoagulants. Discontinuation of any therapy due to surgery must be consulted in advance with your doctor who prescribed the therapy;
- Smoking must be stopped at least two weeks before the intervention;
- The patient must have taken a shower, remove gel or nail polish products the day before the operation, and not consume food or liquids at least 8 hours before the intervention;
- We recommend that patients wear comfortable clothes with buttons or zippers on the day of surgery.
After the operation
After the face or neck lifting intervention, patients stay in the hospital for one night under the care of the medical staff and return home the next day, i.e. staying in the hospital for at least twenty four hours after the operation. The recovery period is relatively quick and most patients feel well after the first 2-3 days. The swelling and black marks start to go away by the end of the first week. Strenuous activity should be avoided for at least two weeks after surgery. The doctor will follow you during the recovery period and will recommend when you can resume your full activity.
Patients who perform face lifting surgery should continue meeting with our professional staff even after the operation to follow aesthetic treatments for the skin to have a youthful face and skin as healthy as possible. These treatments can be combined with procedures that increase the quality of skin texture and improve the appearance of fine wrinkles.