Liposuction is one of the most requested cosmetic surgery interventions worldwide. Fat removal surgery is a simple way to improve the problem of a particular area of the body. The results of liposuction are visible as early as one month after the intervention and are even more pronounced after three months have passed since the intervention. In the first stage of the operation, excess fat is removed with the help of a cannula inserted into a very small incision in the area of the body being treated. In the second phase, the skin and body contours shrink to take on the new improved look. Liposuction is a simple operation and not very demanding for the patient. Recovery is quick and people usually return to work within a few days of surgery. There are different methods for performing this procedure such as cannula liposuction, ultrasound liposuction and laser liposuction. During the consultation with the doctor, you will be informed about each method of performing liposuction and the doctor will help you choose the best practice for your needs.
Liposuction is applied to remove fat in different areas such as: (a) arms; (b) abdomen; (c) buttocks; (d) waistline emphasis; (e) lower back; (f) knees and thighs. Liposuction usually lasts 40 – 90 minutes depending on the areas to be treated. Depending on the amount of fat to be removed, the procedure can be performed under total anesthesia, local anesthesia with sedation or epidural anesthesia, but always under the care and assistance of an anesthesiologist. DaVINCI Clinic aesthetic surgeons perform liposuction using the most modern surgical techniques to achieve the most natural result. Finally, more and more patients are asking to combine liposuction surgery with lipofilling, which is the removal of excess fat and injection of this fat in areas of the face or body where we want to add volume.
- On the day you perform the consultation with the surgeon, you must inform the surgeon if you are allergic to any medication, as well as refer to the doctor if you are taking any medication for health reasons that may influence the performance of the surgical intervention;
- A few days before the operation, you will perform a series of pre-operative examinations which inform the medical staff about your health condition before the operation;
- At least two weeks before surgery, you must stop taking drugs containing Acetylsalicylic Acid (such as Aspirin, Vivin C, Cardiospirin, etc.) and stop taking oral anticoagulants. Discontinuation of any therapy due to surgery must be consulted in advance with your doctor who prescribed the therapy;
- Smoking must be stopped at least two weeks before the intervention;
- The patient must have taken a shower, remove gel or nail polish products the day before the operation, and not consume food or liquids at least eight hours before the intervention;
- We recommend that patients wear comfortable clothes with buttons or zippers on the day of surgery.
After the operation
Patients who perform liposuction surgery stay overnight in the hospital under the care of medical staff or may be discharged the same day depending on the area of the body where liposuction was applied. For example, patients who perform gill liposuction do not need to stay one night in the hospital. Immediately after the operation, with the help of the medical staff, the patient will wear a post-operative corset which helps not to swell too much in the area where fat has been removed. This corset will be made available by the DaVINCI Clinic and will be worn for three weeks after surgery.
The recovery period after liposuction is relatively quick and most patients feel well after three days. We recommend avoiding tiring activities for the first 1-2 weeks after the intervention. The doctor will follow you closely during the recovery period and will recommend the right time to resume full physical activity. To maintain long-term results after liposuction surgery, the medical staff of the DaVINCI Clinic will suggest the Nutrigenetics test as well as a personalized diet that will improve your eating habits forever.